Update added by user Mar 01, 2015
Klaussner sales rep came out to look at furniture. Company has agreed to issue a partial refund. Waiting on Fecera's to send the check.
Original review posted by user Jan 30, 2015
Spent what I feel is a decent amount of money on what I thought would be good quality bedroom furniture($4,000) only to find out that it extremely poor quality. I was replacing 12yr old laminate furniture that was still in good condition with what turned out to be worse than laminate hardwood(or should I say softwood) furniture. Right after the delivery men left, I moved the night table only to have the leg fall off. Called the furniture store who sent a repair man out a week or so later only to have him "accidentally" dent the side rail of the bed. Waited about a month for a new side rail only to find out that the new one is damaged too…another month goes by for another one.
Here we are less than 1yr later and I find that my dresser finish is shattered. Yes….shattered like glass. How it happened is beyond me because the only time I touch the top of my dresser is when I'm dusting it. Otherwise, I only go in and out of the drawers. File a claim with the warranty company, diligently followup every few weeks with the furniture store as to when the replacement piece is coming, wait 3 months to be told that it's not, BUT, the warranty company authorized a full replacement.
Get the new dresser delivered today and when they installed the mirror, found 2 chips in it….unacceptable. Swap out the new mirror for old…okay ….no problem. Start putting in the drawers, and low and behold…..3 out of 6 drawers have the finish damaged on them…No surprise, the finish on this furniture is terrible.
Once all drawers put in, find out the side of the dresser has 3 chips and indentations. Not sure how it happened but now the finish is chipping.
Nightstand, armoire and bed rails have finish coming off on the front and was NOT hit by the vacuum because the chips are much higher than the vacuum can reach.
Really wish I could get a refund. EVERY piece of furniture has something wrong with the finish. I'm not hard on my furniture at all. Thought I was buying high end furniture. Should have kept my laminate furniture. Never had a problem with that. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Look of the furniture
What I disliked
- Construction and quality
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bedroom Furniture
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "We purchased a leather sofa and love seat from Ashley Furniture,Springdale, OH in November 2008. I have paid around $1000 for these.It has not been 3 years since our purchase..."
- "Don't believe the hype!!! I bought two of these believing they would help my migraine as hyped in the infomercials. I Washed it ONCE and it turned into a..."
- "These people delivered (2) new leather couches 1-1/2 months late in July, 2008. Tore a hole in (1) couch when bringing in to the room. Since then, they have moved..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "I lost 80 lbs in 2+ months. This Gastric Bypass ALTERNATIVE is amazing.I started at 430 lbs and now 350 lbs simply by following instructions and rules. No tricks.Amazing feeling..."
- "Be very, very, very cautious of dealing with this company. I will not ever do business with them again. I have been trying to get them to replace a coil..."
- "Better use consignee rather than your own people which not taking care and stealing the contents of the box. batter add precautions and implement rules to avoid this kind of..."